Feature on Nan Kee, One of our Barefoot Doctor Students

This is Nan Kee, a brother in the Lord. 

He describes himself before Christ as, “I was a very bad guy.  I smoked a lot, drank a lot, and was a thief.”     
One night when a theft operation went sour, he was badly injured.  The injury was a wakeup call for him, and that is when he gave his life to Christ.  He still carries the wound of his injury which is a reminder of what God has called him out of.   

Nan Kee went on to attend Bible College and is now an evangelist.  He lives in a very remote area of Myanmar where there are no doctors, hospitals, or clinics.

When someone needs medical help, Nan Kee takes them to a hospital far away on his motorcycle.   He says, “Now, as a Barefoot Doctor,  I can help them right here in my village and my medical skills will help me when I share the gospel.”

Nan Kee is an inspiration to me and an example of a life committed to the Lord and to the spread of the Gospel of Christ.  God is surely good!!
Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment