Reflections on the program by Dr. Bruce

Dr. Bruce teaching on parasites & worms
Todays following blog is from Dr. Bruce. He has been a big help to the program this year and done a great job. He left this morning and leaves us is thoughts in this blog. 

"This is the first time that I have taught at the a Barefoot Doctors program in Thailand.  I wasn’t sure what to expect and wasn’t too sure that I would be able to relate to the students. I worried about the language barrier and about the students abilities to learn the material sufficiently to go back to their villages and make a positive impact.   It should be noted that I am 63 and I’m not very tolerant of the immaturity and drama of young people in the US.  Our youth pastor in Colorado recently asked me to go with the youth group to Mexico.  I said, “Jim, I don’t even like young people and can’t stand all their drama”.

As I rubbed shoulders with the Barefoot Doctor students, I was blown away.  These young people are very mature, smart, and dedicated.  They quickly grasp the principles that are taught and ask the kind of questions that only inquisitive students ask.  They read their assignments and are prepared for each lesson.
But most of all, I’m impressed with their love for the Lord.  They love to worship, sing, and pray.  

I’m absolutely convinced that their villages in Burma will be impacted by their newfound knowledge and by their desire that others come to Christ.  They are the lighthouse on a hill shining, piercing the darkness in a very lost and troubled nation.

Bruce Gross
Salida, Colorado"
Dr.Bruce having out with the guys.



No comments:

Post a Comment